Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Jul 16 2014

I can't believe the time has flown by. We have four more days here. One more normal day which will be tomorrow, then Friday we have in-field training all day, and Saturday laundry, packing, one last time to email, and class. Then Sunday. We have to meet at the travel office at 4:35 am on Monday. It will be... exciting. haha Whatever. 

I am excited to go to Sweden, but nervous as well. It will be so nice to not have to eat MTC food, sit in a class room all day, live (have class in) a smelly building, and actually speak swedish with those who know it. It will be hard- but so worth it! 

So much has happened this week that I am absolutely past exhausted, but I'm so happy to of had the experiences I have had because I have grown so much! I know I don't have time to even describe it really, so I'm not going to try. But I will share some things I have learned from it: 
- Prayer WORKS. He sincerely listens and cares for you, and as you sincerely pray to Him, He will fill you with love and peace.
- The Lord gives us trials to work through because He knows we can get through them, and how much stronger we will be after them. 
- We need to focus on ourselves, not those around us. Don't compare yourself to them, rather focus on the comparison between you and Christ, and you will see how you can improve and that is the only comparison you should be making.
- Angels are real, they speak through the Holy Ghost, and they are lifting us up. We had a neat experience as a companionship as we felt angels surround us in prayer as we pleaded for our investigators with the Lord. He hears us, and loves us.
- Scriptures are POWERFUL. I was so exhausted emotionally, spiritually and physically. I opened the scriptures to get my mind focusing on positive things, I read one verse over and over as I wanted to fill my mind with joy and hopefully motivation. I opened to D&C 31:3 which reads "Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation." I just read the words over and over. After quite some time, I was given strength to continue in my studies and preparation. I can promise you that if you are struggling with anything, that the scriptures can bring you peace.

Devotional on sunday was all about having charity. Funny because that was the attribute of Christ that I wanted to focus on this week. He said " Charity is a gift, it cannot be manufactured by us." I think when I used to go about trying to build my charity, I thought, okay, I just need to be more loving, thinking I could just make myself be more charitable, but I've learned and experienced receiving that gift from the Lord. 
SMILE- remember it is a universal language!! :)
Tuesday devotional was stellar. It was by L. Edward Brown, and he talked about the name of JESUS CHRIST. What a name. We need to remember that we do not just pray in His name because of respect, but because of the POWER. Holy cow. He said "Taking the Lords name in vain is little to do with profanity we see in the world! It isn't just a way we get out of a talk, or close a prayer. We need to make sure we do not use his name thoughtlessly." I wish you could have felt the spirit that was there, I hope you can try to better understand the power in His name. 

I am loving being a missionary, and wearing HIS name on my badge. I am so happy to be here, and am so grateful for the relationship I have with my Father in Heaven and how it grows daily. I love the Lord- that is why I am here. Sorry my thoughts were pretty scattered this week, but hey- I leave for Sweden in FIVE DAYS. Woot woot!! It will be an adventure, that is for sure.

I love you all, and am so grateful for your support!! :)
love love love, Cassie :)


Travel Itineraries in hand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment