Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug 25 2014

Well lots of laughs this week because... Sister Eborn likes to change lyrics to songs (especially Taylor Swift songs) and sing about getting married, killing me and sometimes about missionary work. Yes the killing me is very disturbing and creative, but she thinks its hilarious, haha. We also had a drunk guy sing us some Elvis songs on the bus, which was HILARIOUS. Since people here don't talk on buses, it was dead silent, and he is just belting it. His English and singing was pretty good actually. But we asked if we could record it and he said... YES haha so there will be one of those on dropbox, hope you enjoy it. There were lots of other reasons to laugh, and sometimes you look back on something you thought was hilarious, and realize it wasn't... but in missionary life, it just is. haha

Lots of traveling... this includes by airplane, car, bus, and definitely by foot. 
  • Airplane- we flew to Stockholm for a zone conference. It was with 5 zones, and President Texiera addressed us, he is in the 70, and is president over the Europe area. It was super fun to be able to go see some old friends from the MTC, and meet more missionaries. There were 10 from our MTC group there, and the rest of them had the conference the next day. But it was awesome, and I'll talk more about what I learned later. 
  • Car - we had a member dinner an hour and a half away, but we found out that they hadn't been visited in 5 years, no visiting teachers, and no home teachers. SO sad. They are sisters, both old, but come to church weekly, and no one could drive out there once in the past five years... it blew us away, but super great ladies, and member missionaries!
  • Bus- mostly just the usual, but had to take the bus to the Elders to get the car from them so that was an hour bus ride, oh and that was with the drunk guy. hahah!
  • Foot- well we had some great opportunities to see how much we could run. I'm pretty sure the Lord wants us to exercise every morning for a half hour so we can do what we did this past week! haha we ran in the rain trying to find bus stops to get to places on time, and we had one super stellar time when we got off the bus, and we were 3 plus miles from the church and had an appointment there in 20 minutes with a dead phone. So we looked at each other, then ran the whole way there, 7 minutes late and he wasn't there. We were super afraid we missed him, but he ended up that he didn't wake up from his nap. It was super adventurous. hehe
Lots of improving... boy, I am being stretched, and it is tiring, but I love it!

We learned how we can be more obedient from Elder Texiera, but it was also a little bit of a pat on the back, as he called many missionaries to repentance on the little things, and we were like, hey we do that! haha But it helped me put a few things in perspective and understand that I can shoot big, have big goals and then work my hardest to achieve them. In all honesty, it made me think, why are missionaries ever disobedient? If you are on a mission, you have one goal, bring people to Christ. Yes I miss my home, but if I spend time thinking about it, is it going to make me miss it any less? Or if I take a break, and not spend my time wisely, how does that help me? It really will just make me more sad that the work isn't moving forward as much as I would like it to. So it made me decide (again) to give my 100% because why not? That is what I am here to do, and if I don't I won't be nearly as happy. I also learned a lot from my companion this week, on how I can be better. Okay I'm doing all the things in the white handbook that are things you can like check off so you could say, but am I being Christ like while I do all of this as well? I realized I need to have more charity and patience. With myself and with others. I can't hold onto little things, and I really opened my eyes this week to being considerate about everything, and how I can be better with the little things. I feel like that was really repetitious, and probably didn't make much sense.. but it makes sense to me ;) haha But I am grateful for the refining I have received while I have been serving the Lord.

This past week was my one month mark in Sweden. Actually four days ago, but I seriously can't believe it. It is really weird, but I am grateful for the experiences I have had, and I look forward to so much more! I am really nervous that sis. Eborn will be transferred next week, but we shall see. Mostly scared because that will mean the area is on my shoulders, but all will be well :)

I hope you know all is well here, I am learning to be better and really striving to be. The Lord has been with me every step of the way, and I'm grateful for that.

Asaffa - Oh I want to talk a little bit about some of our investigators we have been working with. We have Asaffa, who I have mentioned I believe a couple times. He is from Ethiopia, and we started teaching him probably two and a half weeks ago, and he is solid! He committed to baptism day one, and we actually have moved his baptism a week forward, so that will be this Saturday! I am so excited for him! He reads and prays every day and has gained a testimony of what we have taught him. He is really smart, in his 30s, studying engineering [woooo] at the university, we teach him in English, although he knows both Swedish and English, it seems like his English is better. He is really quite quiet, but is accepting of everything we teach him. He was really seeking for the gospel when we found him! ah it is so neat!! :) I am grateful to be able to see him progress, and be a part of this great work!

Persian family - not looking so hot anymore.. but we shall see. The language gap is hard to understand if they are actually sincere or not. 

Kevin and Helena - they were supposed to be baptized a little while ago, but they put it off so they could make sure they could keep the Sabbath day holy. They have a testimony, and know it is true, but they aren't willing to change.. so they asked to stop meeting! I was so sad!! But I am sure it will touch their hearts again one day, and that they will change.

Emmy- she is awesome, we've taught her a couple times, and I think she is darling. She is in her 30s, mother of two, but has a sambo (which means living with a guy who she isn't married too) and so I feel like it will take a while, but she totally wants it and seems like she is willing to change. 

Congrats to all those who are pregnant or engaged! holy cow, that is crazy, but exciting! yes all sisters will use a backpack once they are here. I would recommend that they just buy a cheap side bag for the MTC, then buy a backpack here, unless they can find a good professional backpack there. But here we can buy either a professional looking one, or a super Swedish brand, which is what like everyone has. haha
Goodbye Martina :) good luck on your mission! That is soo exciting! Can't believe Rachel is already done! wooo. That is so fun :) Good luck with your wrist mom, I hope all is okay, and that they can figure out a simple way to fix it. Yes I saw Sister Austin, and it was super stellar! I loved it :) Sadly, I didn't get a picture with her on my camera, actually I don't even know if we took a picture, but next time! But thank you for all the updates, I love hearing about home :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA BOLTON!!! :) Sorry I didn't get a card off to you, but I hope you know I love you so much and have been thinking about you and grandpa. I use the cute journal you sent me, and it is so uplifting! Thank you for all your love and your support. I hope you have a wonderful day!

But yeah, I hope you all know how much I love and care about each and every one of you! You are wonderful really :) I pray that you can continue to be more like Christ, and recognize the hand of the Lord in your lives more often. He is there, you just have to ask.

I love you, I know that this gospel is true!


LOVE, Cassie :)

Sunday Aug 24 Beautiful reflections in the water




No comments:

Post a Comment