Monday, September 8, 2014

Sep 8 2014

Well this week, there was about six different things that we did. 1. sleeping 2. eating 3. being blowsted 4. tracting 5. having emotional break downs 6. teaching people but them not being interested.

It is pretty crazy how slow the work is here, and it is a little harder on our spirits, but we definitely are taking care of that, and have the energy to continue giving our all, trusting that whatever happens is what the Lord wants. 

Sadly, Dodo didn't show up to either of our appointments this week, and didn't come to church. He doesn't have a phone, and he never gave us his address. So I guess he wasn't  sincere after all? I was really sad about that, but I think one day he will run into missionaries again. 

Stefan is going good, we don't push him very much, but he has been reading and praying!

Andrew, the one we gave the super intense law of chastity lesson to and call to repentance has been keeping it! We are definitely excited about that. He has been coming to church for like 2-3 years, and so we'll see how much of his life he starts actually changing!

I honestly don't have too much to say this week even though it has been a week of so much learning and growing. The spirit has been strong daily and my relationship with my Heavenly Father grows constantly. I love it. Missionary work is hard, not necessarily for the reasons I expected, but I kind of like why it is hard. And that is how I am growing the most. 

Sister Eborn received a priesthood blessing on Thursday from Elder Archibald, and it was a wonderful thing for me to be in the room and feel that spirit. My thoughts mostly went to all the Priesthood blessings I have received, and to how I felt after them, and the strength I truly received from Gods power. That power is in my life, and my heart was full of gratitude. Thank you dad for always being worthy of the Priesthood that you hold, and for using it to serve our family. I thought about the time I was at school and couldn't head home from a priesthood blessing from you, but was luckily able to call my cousin Taylor Moroz and he give me a blessing, or Tom Christensen who quickly came in a time I needed. I know that you truly hold the power of God, and He has given it to you to further His work, to serve His children. Thank you to those who have the Priesthood, and remember that you have covenanted to serve others with that Priesthood authority. Okay, I'm done on that spill, but my heart and mind were truly enlightened on the blessings I have received from the Priesthood. I love it :)

I read "The Lords Way" by Elder Stanley Ellis from the April 2013 conference and certain things stood out to me. He talked about how the Lord has a way for everything we must do; "God has the way to live, to love, to help, to pray, to talk, to interact with each other, to lead, to marry, to raise children, to learn, to know the truth to share the gospel, to choose wisely what we eat, etc." I loved that, and it was right when I was seeking guidance on how I could be better, specifically how I could still be myself, a leader, and still be humble willing to learn and take guidance from my leaders. I need to have a balance of it, and as I read this talk he said; "The Lord’s way is that we hearken to our leaders’ teachings, understand correct principles, and govern ourselves." Okay so how can I do that? I have been hearkening to the things I have been taught, and now it is time to apply them, to govern myself, to truly go forward with what I learned, not expecting to just watch and take everything in and still follow because sometimes I'm 'not sure' but to just do it. To just move forward with it. I wanted to know the best way to do so. I really didn't fully understand how. He also said; "Especially in the work of salvation, we learn that “in the gift of his Son hath God prepared a more excellent way” (Ether 12:11). The doctrine of Christ “is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God”" So this was my answer. That it was simple, the way to be better, is to do exactly what I am inviting people to do. To have faith in these things and in Christ, to repent- not because I was going about sinning and wanting to do bad, but to change my nature, behavior, thoughts, etc. to really focus that Christ will help me overcome and will and is helping me be better as my desire is there. Really remembering and renewing weekly the covenants that I've made, and following the spirit. As I truly strive after these things I can accomplish whatever I want. This is the formula for everything. The Lord has a higher way to do all we need to, so I say to you, when you are faced with things that you don't know how to tackle, remember to simply have Faith in Christ, Repent-(truly try to align your actions with Christs), Renew and remember your covenants, and follow the Spirit. These four simple steps are what we must do to endure to the end. I promise as I've been doing these things daily, I have become stronger, and the Lord has helped me triumph over all.

Oh Thursday during our dinner hour, we didn't have time to really go home then to our next appointment so we just went to the middle of the city because they were having a big festival thing, really like a little market, lots of different foods and then the little random things. So we got some good spanish food, and some fudge! haha we were pretty excited about that. Sister Eborn also bought a really pretty necklace and bracelet! It was a fun good hour break for us I thought :)

Asefa is seriously the humblest guy in the world. He is studying at the university (which is free here- you actually get money for food and housing if you are a student) but there was a fire in his apartment because of something, wasn't his fault, but don't understand the situatuion, but it messed up his schooling last semester because of all he has to do with that, and so he isn't getting money to support him because the schooling got messed up. But he can't get a job (its a joke, seriously impossible, especially up here in norrland.) and so he has been going around collecting cans and bottles to make money so he could pay his tithing and fast offering, because he is being sustained by a friend with the food and housing. But he was just the most humble, and truly willing to give to God his all. He spends his time going around doing that so he could have money to yes try and support himself, but he made sure he gave his 10% and his fast offering yesterday. Seriously, this guy was totally prepared by the Lord. So happy to be able to work with him, and see his faith!

Well, that's all I've got time for this week, and hopefully you enjoyed it. haha But I love you so so much, thank you for the love and support. You guys are my favorite :) Keep doing the little things (praying and reading your scriptures- they are crucial) and you will be blessed immensely :) I LOVE YOU. I keep each of you (dad, mom, jared, shalee, ryker, talya, kyson, tyler, abigail, hayden, jack, gunner, baby, candice, ryan, grayson, vivian, austin, amanda, oakley, cannon, chelsey and andre :) in my prayers daily. I plead with the Lord for your well-being, and thank him for the blessings you are in my life. Remember He loves you and wants to help you, you just need to ask.


All my love, Cassie


Fudge Anyone?

Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment