Monday, December 1, 2014

Dec 1 2014

Hej då Luleå, Hallå Jönköping! This week has been crazy! A little long since the last pday, but oh my goodness it has been so good!!! 

Monday Nov 24 2014 - Said bye to everybody, had a lesson with Henrik, who I am not sure will progress much longer. Then a lesson with Joel who is just a rock star. 

Joel and I
Then Jocke.. who is a little peculiar, and I don't know if he is really that interested in changing but he likes hearing about it, so I don't think they will continue meeting with him for very long. But who knows. Anyway, then we went the Newells for one last time, visited for a little while, ate some waffles, and then said goodbye! 

Newell Family: David (President Newell), Linnea, Alise, Anna, Emelina, me. :) 

video
This song is Come Lord Jesus from Savior of the World, but in Swedish :) Alise, Emelina, and Linnea Newell, with Anna playing the piano. I love them!

Then we went to the Lilijansalo's and helped them set up their nativity, which I LOVED (mom your obsession wore off on me, and I just love them too.) so that was fun, it was a willow tree nativity that she had gotten from Utah. But then we had meatballs and some vegetables with them and visited which was a lot of fun. Then playing with the kids a little bit, shared a message with them, and said goodbye. Ah too many goodbyes. It was pretty sad. I love those people and will miss them a lot!!

Lilijansalo family :) Otto, Marja, Norra, Jesse, Veera, Leo
Tuesday Nov 25 2014 - Finished packing, and it was a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be on Monday. haha The weight is a killer is all, but I did it!! woo hoo :) So that was nice. Then I pretty much traveled all day. HEY! I saw Elder Adam Elinkowski! Just for like 5-10 minutes is all, while we were in the airport, so that was cool to see a friend from high school and see that we are actually in the same mission since he has been in the south west of Sweden the whole time and I have been in the north east... then we traded! haha But it the trains went well thanks to Sister Mod!! It was funny actually, she helped me onto the arlanda express from the airport to go to Stockholm central where my train would leave from and she helped my baggage on, but the doors closed behind her so she had to go with me! It wasn't a big deal since she needed to go to Stockholm as well, but she was going to be taking a bus instead because that is what the office elders has sent her. But it was a HUGE Blessing for me! She helped me get around Stockholm central, and find the train and figure out all the things I had to do! haha It was sad to say bye to her, but she has a lot of fun things ahead of her!! Then a stranger helped me with the baggage as I traded trains. Oh how I love people!! :) I traveled for a total of like 7 hours? So not too bad. Then as I stepped off the train an elder pulled my bag out of my hands and Sister Lindsay and others were waiting. It was fun to meet them, and then we just went home and pulled the bags in, etc. and then it was planning time! haha

Transfer from Luleå in the north to Jönköping in the south
Wednesday Nov 26 2014 - we taught Nandino, and did lots of swing bys, and spoke Swedish only during certain hours of the day, and planned, and set goals as a companionship and stuff, and it was aweessommmeee!! I was super glad we both want to strive, and it will just be an amazing companionship. We seriously get along so well, I just love it!! haha It was a pretty good day, contacted lots of people, and having a second hour of comp study is kind of fun too :) Especially since I am on the other side now! haha It is fun to be able to share with her things that I have learned and stuff. 

Thursday Nov 27 2014 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :) Well for thanksgiving we celebrated in our own little way! During our second hour of comp study we listened to the "grateful in all circumstances" talk by Pres. Uchtdorf, and then made a little gratitude wall with post it notes and stuff, and just talked about our traditions and things we are grateful for. It was fun :) Then we did more less active swing bys, and got to teach one of them-even though he isn't interested in coming back or anything, but we are hoping to just invite him to the YSA activities and such because he seemed that age. So hopefully! We also helped decorate for the Christmas concert, which took them forever, and we were there for two hours. Mormons are the same everywhere... haha they go all out!! Then for dinner we made ourselves some mashed potatoes out of powder, and gravy, and we had corn and we cooked up some chicken! It was a wonderful thanksgiving dinner for what we had :) haha I thought it was actually so much fun, I was just super happy, and grateful. So I guess that is really what makes thanksgiving isn't it? Then that night we were invited to some members house for sweet potato pie, which was yummy! And it was just nice to have some pie on thanksgiving:) It was at the Hegysessys home. The dad is American, mom is Swedish, and their son, Alex is the assistant mission leader.


Friday Nov 28 2014 - We had zone training in Göteborg!! It was fun to go there, plus we only had to leave at 7:30 in the morning, not the usual 5:30 when I was in Norrland! haha But it was fun, we studied on the train, and getting there was fun to see all these faces I had never met! Except for a few. It was definitely a different feeling than other zone trainings I have had, but it was still good! It was all focused on the "He is the Gift" Initiative! It was really cool :) check out the December Ensign to see what it is all about. It is for missionaries throughout the whole world!! I love it :) Then we went the Mullsjö on the way home and taught Emelie and her friends. So a group of 7 guys and girls that are 18 years old. Okay, it was sick! I'll have to explain more about them all later. But pretty much their school came to the church and one of the members did a presentation of the first three lessons and some of the commandments to all of them for like 2 and a half hours and they all loved it and just had tons of questions, and so we got some potentials out of that, one of them being Emelie. This was our first time meeting with her again since that, and it was super fun!! We didn't expect all her friends too, but I guess more of them were interested in learning more still :) That teach was fun and crazy cause they just asked question after questions with views on homosexuals, and if you don't get married in this life if your alone forever or not, etc. etc. haha but it went really well! I love that they can all speak English, so it made it easier for sister Lindsay to join in, plus with some of the weird topics I broke into English too. But it was fun, I can't wait til we can go back and visit with them again! 

 

Saturday Nov 29 2014 - We were bloasted, and it was the Jul (Christmas) concert for the ward so we were there early so that sister Lindsay could practice with people, and stuff, and it was fun to mingle with the ward so early, and such! The concert was great and beautiful!! 

Sunday Nov 30 2014 - The ward is seriously awesome. We have a nice church building, and I am way excited to be here!! :) :) I looovveee Jönköping and my companion Sister Lindsay!!!! :) They are both stupendously amazing!!!

Some thoughts;
Sister Lindsay and I both want to be exactly obedient, no excuses, no justifications, we want those miracles to come and we are both willing to do what it takes. So I am SO happy about that. It feels really good to be here with her.

I read Enos this week, and I thought it was great. I learned a few things that I hadn't seen before. Especially in verse 20 it talks about the Nephites attempt to help the Lamanites come unto the Lord but because of their wickedness their work is in vain. I was like, dang sometimes that feels like our work. haha But then I thought about the importance of their "diligent work" even though it was in vain, and there was a cross reference to Moroni 9:6 which talks about doing the work no matter the outcome so that we can "conquer the enemy of all righteousness," which just reminded me of how much it helps us in our lives, and shows God where our hearts really are. Our work is definitely not in vain, I have already seen some beautiful outcomes, and am excited to see more, but it just felt good to remember no matter what, you need to be working diligently!

The spirit has helped a lot this week, first with comforting me as I was a little nervous to transfer, to train, and just be in a new area. Then as well with helping me with the language as I couldn't rely on a companion to understand all the time, and then also giving me answers to quite the crazy questions. I didn't know the best way to answer them, but the spirit definitely guided me, which I was so grateful for! I have just felt the spirit more as I have been here in Jönköping with Sister Lindsay. I don't know exactly why that is, but I am feeling happier, and more comfortable. Probably a little bit to do with the obedience and I feel like my prayers have continued to improve and become more sincere!

Well obviously I absolutely love Sister Lindsay!! She is AMAZING. I will enjoy it while I've got her. She is stupendous, just wanting to learn and do her best! She is an excellent missionary, and I feel very blessed to be able to finish her training. This transfer was exactly how it needed to be. I feel like we will grow so much together, and I just love everyday. I never feel uncomfortable around her, so that is really nice. She is amazing! I am doing great as well, and love the work more than ever :)

I love you guys soo much! I am soo grateful for you and your prayers. I can really feel the strength!! I hope you guys love the holidays, even though I am not there in person, my heart is still right with ya :) ah I LOVE YOU :) Have an amazing week!!

Love, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment