Monday, March 16, 2015

Mar 16 2015

Well guess what!! it has been a big NINE MONTHS!!! Yeah, I hit my hump day!! so weird! But it is fun to be out serving the Lord. I am glad that I have gotten to this point, and I know that there is a lot ahead as well.

Monday Mar 9 2015 - We went to the Nilssons for dinner, and that was super great, I just love those people. Honestly we have the best members here. He has the coolest little model train set, and I think it is fantastic to see people's hobbies. 

Beze, a.. Now old investigator.. We taught him a GREAT lesson about the plan of Salvation. It was amazing because he just knew it was true as we spoke it. The spirit was SO strong and I could NOT deny, for the life of me, that what I was saying was right. I was so happy as we taught that lesson because the spirit confirmed to all of us of how wonderful of a knowledge this is that we are talking about! So cool! Seriously though. The only sad thing is that Beze the investigator felt it and loved it and was super grateful for his new knowledge, but was then really sad and said he couldn't change his life, etc.. :( but he can't deny the truth that he felt :) Change is hard, I understand that, but it sure is worth it!!

Tuesday Mar 10 2015 - We met with Mats, the swede, who didn't have a faith in God at all before he met missionaries, but now he does, and he prays, and he reads the scriptures sometimes, not perfectly, but he really enjoys it when he does. He is terrified to come to a service because he has never been to church before in his life. but if you remember him, it was the end of January was the last time we met with him. And he is just super cool. We had a good lesson, he has just been so busy, but it is okay, because he is still slowly progressing. We talked about Alma 32:26-43 and it was so good. The spirit could testify to him, and he is slowly coming to trust on God more and more. SO COOL WHAT THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD CAN DO TO PEOPLE. It gives so much hope and happiness!!! 

We also met with Farad, a new convert, and had Mojgan translate to Persian for us, and taught the plan of salvation. Which he was super grateful for because it helped him remember and understand a lot more, since it has been a while since he heard it before his baptism... that is why it is so important that people hear the gospel continually. We take for granted that we are taught things over and over, but we would forget if we didn't hear it again, and we wouldn't understand it very well. I am grateful for the knowledge we have of God's plan, that we can see all those who have passed on before. And I have a strong belief that will also include our pets. :) We will see our cute Roxy again. I am sorry to hear how that all happened. But I am grateful for the wonderful life of Axel, that he can be here now and help us feel God's love for us.

Wednesday Mar 11 2015 (Hump Day) - Well, this was the half way mark officially! Kind of fun :) We went out to lunch to celebrate, with Alex, Oscar and the elders. It was fun! :) sadly I didn't burn anything because we didn't even have matches... haha but that is maybe for the better :) That night we ate with the Ahlströms and we had a great time role playing with them. We have been teaching the members one of the lessons, so that we can practice more, and it has been really helpful, and fun! Love them. Then we taught Rikki, which was good! He is awesome, but I don't know exactly how to help him. We had his home teacher come with which helped a lot, and we talked about testimonies and building our testimonies. The spirit was with us, but I wish he would make the connection that it means he should be living all the commandments to their fullest. But I guess we all have to come to that decision. Remember that the Lord gives us those feelings so that we know we should go forward making those good decisions, and more blessings will follow, it is the happy way to live! 




Friday Mar 13 2015 - We had an activity with the young adults and investigators,etc. Which was fun. We played volleyball, and lets just say me and my companion sister Gardner are pro servers. It is super fun ;) haha But Emelie ( a less active, who is 25 years old, who we have been trying to work with, etc.) came and we had a good time with her, then we taught her a little lesson afterwards, and I just am super grateful I can be her friend. Like we are super close now, and I just love her to pieces!! I am excited for her, and the way the Holy Ghost is working with her. She knows what she wants, and now it is just changing and making those decisions, and she is on the right path. I truly don't want to leave Jönköping any time soon, mostly because of this girl. I know she is getting the light back into her eyes, and I have poored my heart out in prayer over her. She is ready and needs the strength to overcome the world. But I know she will :) She is amazing. ah, I am so grateful to be here and to be able to work with her. 

Saturday Mar 14 2015 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY LYN CHRISTENSEN!!!! HAPPY PI DAY EVERYONE ELSE!!! :) haha pi day was great. like zero swedes had heard of that before, just because they pronounce things differently, but it was a lot of fun. We made a pie, and the elders made a pie. Sadly I didn't take any pictures of them :( Someone else did, and we are hoping to get some. If not maybe we will just have to make another pie ;) haha but we had a fun activity that evening with investigators and new investigators, which turned out great. Then after we taught Vahid, which was super cool. He really wants to learn about Christianity, even though it may be a little dangerous for him :/ aka like we can teach him, but he won't be able to be baptized because he comes from Iran.. and yeah, just a touchy situation. Kind of a bummer. But he really is seeking the truth, and he has felt the spirit while we have taught him. Super cool :)

Sunday Mar 15 2015 - Church was great! Danny (from Vietnam) came to Sunday chool and sacrament again, and then we got to teach him after church and Alex came with and we reviewed things he has learned and read, and we also invited him to be baptized, and he was so excited! Seriously this boy was so grateful that he would have that opportunity. He is amazing, so sincere, and he has already born testimony of Christ, when he learned a little bit about Christ starting 5 weeks ago. He said that Christ cheers him up and gives him hope. HOW AMAZING. This guy is so ready to accept the gospel then go to his homeland and teach it there. Ah, the Lord is truly blessing us. His baptismal date is April 11th, (almost did April 4th.. my birthday.. but because of general conference ;) haha.) But we will continue to teach him on the weekends to help him be prepared. SO COOL!! Last night we also met with Emelie for a bit. She feels the holy Ghost and she wants to keep that feeling. I hope we can continue meeting her multiple times throughout the week, because that is really what she needs.

Pretty solid week, right? Yes! I love it. I love the Lord, and I am grateful for how He works through us. I know this gospel is true. There are things that happen everyday that make me turn back to Christ, and want to follow him more truly.  

Mosiah 3:19- "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever,unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

I love this scripture. Something that was pointed out to me is that it really highlights that our purpose here in life is to put off the natural man. Why? Because it is an enemy to God and our goal is to return to God. When I think of the natural man, I think a lot about laziness. Of course there is so many more things that also points too, but for me, my point is to put off the natural man, be determined, and reach my goals, etc. Commandments help us put off the natural man, and to come closer to God. That is why I keep the commandments, to overcome my own natural desires, and to align my will with the Fathers. 

Swedish Fun Facts:
1. Knäckebröd. It's this hard, flat bread that they eat at almost every meal. And I am sold. It is the best thing ever. That is something I will consistently buy from IKEA when I go home.
2. there is a place in Sweden, which is pretty isolated, and the dialect is so bad there that no one else can understand them and it is barely considered Swedish.


I LOVE YOU!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment