Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25 2015

Happy birthday last Monday to Gunner! and Happy birthday to our beautiful Eirlyse this Thursday. <3

We've had a good week! People recognize us as missionaries! Which is really great, but sadly they often still don't really care. But one day a man walked by us as we were walking out of our apartment and he said "are you going to save the world?" I said "Of course!" pretty happily even though I knew I was being a little sarcastic. But then I asked him "Would you like to be with?" and he answered "nope!" (all of that in Swedish.) but how sad the world is that they see us knowing we are bringing people to salvation and they don't want to be with! This is the work of the Lord and even though people aren't always accepting of that, every single one of us will know who the winning team is at the end of it all. I'm on that winning team, and inviting every single person to come with, and sometimes they still choose to loose. It is amazing to me. Breaks my heart really. But let’s be honest, how often in our lives do we sometimes just choose to stay on the loosing team? We can't be on both teams and win. We have to get off the bench and choose to be on the winning team. If you haven't decided what team to be on. Hurry up and get over to Gods team. Its salvation.

This week we were teaching a Chinese lady and she got stuck on the word salvation as she was reading the pamphlet we gave her. So she had asked about it. After much explanation of what it includes, the simplest way to sum it up was happiness! We want to be happy right? Well that is what God is providing! Choose Him!!

We went on exchanges this week with Norrköping, and I went there with Sister Crawford. We had a great time! I just love her. She was trained by Sister Lindsay, who I trained so in mission terms she is my "granddaughter" haha. She is such a hardworking and motivated girl. I was very impressed. Reminded me of Sister Lindsay exactly. They are champs. We had a great time together, and the weather was priceless. So nice. :)


Well, life is great and I am happy to be here. I am very grateful for the adults that are around us that I have come close with. Either missionaries or ward members. I just really appreciate them and all that they do for us. Makes me feel very loved and happy even on the hard days. :)

A scripture that stood out to me from this week was: 3 Nephi 18:22-23. It talks about praying together at church. As I read that this time it kind of opened my eyes up to something I have been doing wrong for most of my life.

 It says; "22 And behold, ye shall meet together oft; and ye shall not forbid any man from coming unto you when ye shall meet together, but suffer them that they may come unto you and forbid them not; 23 But ye shall pray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name." 

It reminded me of Moroni 6:5 which says something similar; "5 And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls." 

We use this scripture all the time teaching investigators or less actives about church. But when I go to church I often go to sacrament meeting, we open with a prayer, and close with a prayer, but to come together to pray to pray for one another. The prayers during church is something I don't focus on as much. We should be listening to those prayers that are given and making them our own. If we let our mind wander during that prayer, it is like one person is saying that prayer. The strength of many isn't really coming through is it? I think that may be something that many of us struggle with, and don't pay much attention to it. But as we combine our faith in prayer, miracles can happen. We just often don't fully combine our faith in those prayers. So that has become a new goal of mine to really focus on the prayers that others give and make them my own. So that when I say amen and agree, that my whole heart agrees with all that was said. 

I love studying the scriptures. I learn new things from them daily. God really answers prayers, and I know that because He has come to me and comforted me multiple times after crying to him in prayer. But it is once I am humble enough and willing to listen that is when He comes.

I love the Lord and His gospel. My testimony has grown so much from all that I am experiencing. Although I wish and pray that more people would accept the message we are sharing, I am happy to know that I am serving the Lord, my God. That is what is most important. And He is letting me learn and grow during this time.

I love you all so very much and hope you find yourselves having a good week. Remember to pray during the good times and the hard times. When you want to pray very least, that is when it is the most important to pray. And I don't mean just mumble words under your breath for 20 seconds. I mean really talk to God in Heaven because he is listening. He just wants to have a real conversation with you!


Love, Sister Bolton

Honest, a less active that we are working with
Fumi, who the elders are working with and will be baptized soon
Beautiful fields of flowers!
In front of the Täby chapel. (our ward shares the chapel)


No comments:

Post a Comment