Monday, July 6, 2015

Jul 6 2015

Hey Family!

Well, I'll be honest, this week was kind of long, but it was SO GOOD. Seriously, an amazing week!! I learned sooo much and we were able to teach sooo many people. I have never gotten so many lessons in one week as we did this past week. Sister Kamauoha is such an incredible missionary, and she is lifting me up. The spirit has been so strong and we've been very motivated.

Tuesday Jun 30 2015 - Well Tuesday we were so lucky to have Mission Leadership Council, which was held at the mission home, and directed by President and Sister Beckstrand, along with the three assistants, Elder Noso, Elder Sahlin, and Elder Rasmusson. We studied the Book of Mormon and how we can use it more effectively in the mission. The spirit was very strong, and directed us to learn a lot. We have been taking the Book of Mormon too lightly. It is the most powerful resource we have for missionary work. And for our day to day lives for guidance and direction. It is the word of God and it truly helps guide us through the storm if we will take the time to study its words. 

Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” (Introduction to the Book of Mormon) 

We really need to take that into our lives. Use the Book of Mormon to come closer to God! Therefore, if we as members find peace and direction by this book, we want to help investigators experience this change as well! We need them to read the Book of Mormon!

Sister Training Leaders for the mission
Sister Kamauoha and I set some goals of how we can really refocus this work onto using the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know that as each of us become better at feasting upon the words of Christ, we will truly understand how we can be disciples of Christ our who life through. President Beckstrand actually extended a challenge to each of us as missionaries. He invited us each to study 2 Nephi 9 and/or Enos every day for 30 days so that we would truly learn how to feast upon the words of Christ. It came with the promise that our lives would change. So I want to extend that challenge to each of you if you would like to take it. You can alternate which chapter you read each day, but yes that means at least re reading it 15 times within the next 30 days. But I have already seen the difference in my studies, I am learning something new almost every day from studying it. You should do it with me!! :)

We taught sooo many people this week, it is soo fun! They are progressing, and we gave out a bunch of Book of Mormons! Just think, that many more people with the fullness of the gospel in their hands and in their homes if they decide to open it! I love the gospel and am so grateful that we have a way to be happy through any struggle that we face in life. The gospel will provide the peace and comfort that we need, as well as direction so we can keep going!

Friday Jul 3 2015 - We had Zone Training on Friday, and it was actually really cool, because Sister Kamauoha and I got the opportunity to teach with the Zone Leaders. The spirit was very strong. :) 


Saturday Jul 4 2015 - We had a little 4th of July party/Mathias' birthday party at the church which was great fun. 


Sunday Jul 5 2015 - Fast and Testimony meeting is always great, and I was grateful to have the opportunity to share my testimony! I love this gospel and I know it is true. If you are having a hard time, dig yourself into the Book of Mormon seeking answers and you will find them.

"Peace is not the absence of troubles, but the presence of Christ"

Come to know Christ through the Book of Mormon and Bible.

I am so grateful for all the love and support that I receive from each of you at home. I wish I could be alongside you to help you carry the load of life, but I find peace knowing that Christ is there, you just have to open your eyes. I love each of you and pray for each of you.

Love, Cassie


PS: "Life moves all too fast. When you feel weak, discouraged, depressed, or afraid, open the Book of Mormon and read. Do not let too much time pass before reading a verse, a thought, or a chapter." - President Boyd K. Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment