Monday, October 12, 2015

Oct 12 2015

Well the fun days of sicknesses and a phone that one can only use voice control on, and finding a butterfly in our apartment, Sweden just continues to bring surprises, but wonderful days. 


We played soccer last pday! that was super fun!! :) its been a while.



We had some good lessons with Diana this week, and she loved general conference! (no surprise.) and the spirit is always super strong with her. We had a member come with us on Saturday and we taught her about the Sabbath day, and she was planning on coming to church, but she wasn't able to make it. She lives like a 40 minute drive away from the church, and she doesn't have her license here in Sweden, so she can't take the car, and her man is not interested at all.. so it makes it hard. She can take the train, it just is difficult when it is cold and windy. But I pray she will be able to make the sacrifice, because church is so important!! It is where she will truly find the guidance she is looking for.

Jonathan was sick this week, so we had lessons over the phone with him actually. He read Alma 7 himself, and then we talked about it, and he LOVED it. He thought it was so cool, its deep, so he felt he didn't understand everything (but like lets be honest, who does understand EVERYTHING.) but he really felt the spirit, and is understanding Christ's role better. My favorite of that chapter are verses 10-16, because they really explain the atonement in multiple ways, and breaks it down, and then invites us to act. I truly know that is true, that we really can use the atonement to receive strength and happiness. It is something we all need. From forgiveness from our sins, and help to change our weaknesses into strengths. 

Kingsley was baptized in the Västra Frölunda ward, and Sister Giles sang at the baptism, she did an INCREDIBLE job. The spirit is so strong as she sings. She is very talented, so I feel blessed to listen :) haha she sang "I Know that my Redeemer Lives." and it just reminded me of when we signed it in sacrament meeting. I miss sign language! But its fun to know Swedish too ;) haha

We did a lot of service for members this week. Including Mollie Herrey (she is due with a baby in just a few weeks.) and Susanna Bartch, and she is hilarious, a less active that we are working with.

Swedish Fun Facts
1. "Lagom". Lagom basically means average. Not too good or too bad, just average. And Swedes have this thing where they want to be average! I have taught way too many plan of salvation lessons where the people point to the terrestial kingdom and say they want to go there. What? No!! Shoot for the stars people! With Jesus Christ, you can do anything! Maybe it's the America in me, but I don't want any of you to ever settle for average. Because every single person has the potential to be AMAZING :) And there's your pep talk of the week.
2. toilet flusher things are on the top of the toilet. And there's often two different buttons to press. i still have no idea what the difference between the two is
3. There are lots of elderly people in this country so it's quite common to see padlocked walkers at the bottom of flights of stairs.

Pretty much, I am LOVING the book of John. I actually just finished it today, and I absolutely love how I have come closer to my Savior as I have been studying his life. The New Testament is TRUE! Jesus Christ wasn't just a man who was on the earth, he is the Son of God who came to redeem all from this unjust world. I love him and I am grateful for the power of the atonement that I feel in my life daily. I am grateful for the forgiveness I have received in my life. I know I am imperfect, but as I strive to become perfect as Christ is, I feel happier and feel peace and happiness come into my life, even when things around me aren't going perfectly. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I invite you each to study the New  Testament and build your relationship with our Lord. :) He is there and he loves YOU!!

I love you as well, and am super grateful for all you do! Have a great week!!

Love, Cassie 


Syster Giles & Syster Bolton at a Windmill in Varberg 




No comments:

Post a Comment