Monday, December 7, 2015

Dec 7 2015

LAST LETTER FROM SWEDEN

Bra slut!!! (good ending  in Swedish! ) 

Hiii family. :) I just LOVE you. Okay, I am excited. Obviously the emotions have been both bitter and sweet. I am guessing for you guys.. it is mostly sweet (well unless you would rather me not come home. haha) but it is hard to leave all these wonderful people, the wonderful country and language. I will miss Sweden but I hope I can come back and visit one day. We had a great week this week, and I will miss my sweet Swedish companion sister Eriksson. She is wonderful! :)

Claudia Paz Tello Marin and family take great care of the missionaries.
Hamburgers! 
Well I can say the Lord has shaped me during this time. And I cannot even describe to you both the joy and the pain that I have experienced while out here. I have come closer to my Savior by understanding more deeply what He went through for me. I experienced rejection and persecution for His name. Yet I also experienced His pure love and peace and joy by seeing people accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to let healing into their lives, and as I have done the same and felt that healing as well. I know that it can come to every single one of us.

I just finished the Book of Mormon again the other day, and I focused on pulling out the doctrine, and how everything we teach in PMG can be found in the BoM and guess what.. It’s like the whole BoM! If you have a question... go to the Book of Mormon! It is the best missionary in the church. It strengthens members, and converts nonmembers every day! I know it is true and it has been a huge gift to me in my life as I have received answers and better understanding daily. I know it invites the spirit to be our constant companion as we study the scriptures daily.

I know that I have a personal relationship with God, and that the church provides a way for me to come closer to Him. I am so grateful for our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who leads the church today. I know that he is called of God, and that while we heed his word we will find joy and blessings in our lives! I know that Joseph Smith was called of God, and that he really did see God the Father and the Son, Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful for this gospel and how it has blessed my family and I. God takes care, and I can trust Him in that forever. I know these things are true! Thank you for your love and support as I have served my mission. I can't believe its ending here in Sweden, but I am excited to see what it brings in America!

Also for the last Sunday here in Sweden.. I felt very blessed to watch seven miracles happen.. aka seven different investigators walk into church. We didn't see a ton of success during the week, because we are starting the area from scratch, but to see that many walk in, I just wanted to cry. When you have faith miracles can happen! Moroni 10:7!! 

I love you!! See you Thursday!!! :) :) :) xoxo

Syster Bolton signing off.

PS Homecoming talk will be the 13th of Dec at 9:00 in Layton at 845  North  1150 East. Everyone is welcome. Hope to see you all soon!! :)


Because Cassie is leaving she has "died" and coming home on Thursday Dec 10




1 comment: